Curated list of lists- Top 2022 public health stories that stood out from my reading shelf for wrapping up 2022.
1. Public health data modernization is in the works. There are several efforts and initiatives underway intended to transform the way data is moved in public health now.
- Nationwide data exchange system can be shored-up and streamlined to enable more seamless and robust information-sharing with public health agencies – and ease the burden on healthcare providers- Link
- CDC gearing up multiple efforts related to data modernization. Latest news and related information available here
- A salient paper on What Data Should Be Included in a Modern Public Health Data System
- Mckinsey report on Enabling the future of US public health through technology
ASTHO’s top 10 public health policy issues to watch out for in 2023. A good reflection of the issues that emerged in 2022. Read it here.
Top health stories of 2022 from Washington Post
“For us, by us” public health responses quashed mpox, improved Covid-19 vaccine equity, and more.”One public health lesson from 2022 worth remembering from Vox
Curated list “looking back at some of the biggest public health headlines of 2022” from John Hopkins
The Top 10 Digital Health Stories Of 2022 from the Medical Futurist
Breakthroughs of 2022 from Atlantic. Some may not seem related to public health, but every one of these breakthroughs can have implications to public health and healthcare.
Disclaimer: Posts and opinions are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer.